01 May 2009

sonnet 73

the only way i'll find my words might be
to force them to a meter and a rhyme.
i've tried this all before; i never see
results that please. perhaps it works this time.
you say that you know nothing. please advise:
exactly how am i to educate?
it seems there is no easy compromise:
i can't speak; you won't listen. Twist of Fate,
how cruel and unusual you are!
you kill my muses and steal all my words
and tempt away the Knight who keeps my heart,
for even he could not resist your lures.
i wish with all my heart he would return;
this quest means nothing if he will not learn.

4/22/09

1 comment:

Troll said...

i'm not so great with sticking to a meter, but sometimes i like to rhyme.
maybe i wasn't born with the tools to use these rules
i've learned maybe
i know more than i let you know because i just like to hear you talk and it doesn't hurt
to be reminded every now and then.
i want to listen, but sometimes i don't hear with all the noise.
if fate has taken hold of me,
(and by the power of lowercase i diminish its significance, instead choosing for myself and believing that, yeah,
i can) you can bring me back
and show me my mistakes