does anyone wonder yet where i get these things from?
1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before? went to college
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? my resolution for the last few years has been not to make any more new years resolutions, but this year i'm resolving not to gain any more weight....half-serious, i suppose....
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? no
4. Did anyone close to you die? i don't think so...
5. What countries did you visit? none
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? an apartment, but i don't think it's going to happen
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? May 7. and May 31, i suppose (graduation)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? graduating valedictorian and going to college...passing honors comp is pretty high up there too i guess
9. What was your biggest failure? i'm trying to think....i did a pretty good job this year i think...
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? my obligatory colds, always right before choral concerts...nothing major, oh, except for that weird throat thing over the summer
11. What was the best thing you bought? dinner at the golden palace
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? g*
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? a*, a few times i guess
14. Where did most of your money go? food and movies
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? HFStival!!!
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2005? Aqualung, "Brighter Than Sunshine"
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
I. happier or sadder? oh, so much happier
ii. thinner or fatter? i'm not thinner
iii. richer or poorer? ooh...i'm not sure....probably just a tad bit richer?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? explored my new city
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? sleeping, and bumming around my dorm room
20. How will you be spending Christmas? spent it with my family in vt
22. Did you fall in love in 2005? very yes.
23. How many one-night stands? none!
24. What was your favorite TV program? i discovered south park and the daily show, but i don't watch much TV
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? no. i probably have the opposite.
26. What was the best book you read? the perks of being a wallflower
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Aqualung and Mogwai
28. What did you want and get? her
29. What did you want and not get? a full ride to college, but it's my own damn fault
30. What was your favorite film of this year? crash? who knows. i saw way too many movies this summer.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? i went to dinner and the park with geri and molly, and we sat around and talked for hours. it was wonderful. i was 18.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? fewer neuroses
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? dykier.
34. What kept you sane? what always has?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? i dunno, dave grohl? i saw him in person
36. What political issue stirred you the most? gay marriage
37. Who did you miss? molly
38. Who was the best new person you met? i've met so many new people this year that's really not fair.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005: it's ok not to care. sometimes, you can't.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: "so here i am, it's in my hands, and i'll savor every moment of this." -the used, "the taste of ink." that's actually my yearbook quote, which is pretty cheesy, but i have to say it's true. (but the one i really want to use is "i'm yours and suddenly you're mine, and it's brighter than sunshine.")
07 December 2005
haven't done one of these in a while; thought i might bother to do it again. i'm not sure i actually have anything to say....the semester's almost over and i can't wait....maybe that's not entirely true. maybe it is. i'm tired of this semester....my classes are killing me and i want to move on. except they're not killing me right now because i have this procrastinatory disease....i want to talk to the girlfriend but i'm not sure i actually feel like making the effort....and i should try to write something for my paper but i'm doing this instead, and i think i'm dangerously close to falling asleep....it's not that my habits have gotten that much worse (yes it is) but i'm so tired of it all that i just don't feel like doing it anymore....watch, i'll be better in january (no i won't)....i want to go do calculus with alex, all recent definitions um....hm. maybe i should listen to what i'm saying. i don't know what i'm saying. yay, stream-of-consciousness. my brain is crazy. don't you just love it.....my roommate is driving me crazy but i don't want to tell her but i think she reads my blog so this will be a fun conversation....i love her but sometimes.....it's that way with everyone, isn't it? "arc--something!!" that was fun. i think i made my professor laugh. back to calculus again. hehe i just edited my stream-of-consciousness; i don't like doing that. but i really have nothing to say. life is good, i suppose....the semester's almost over...i said that already. i had free pizza tonight. yay. and filled out a survey and entered a drawing and didn't win anything. i don't feel like being in my room anymore but i have noplace to go and i really should go to sleep. ha. i did laundry today, that was nice. i like doing laundry. it's just so inconvenient.