18 April 2009

sunny day in Pittsburgh

it was a day much like this one when i first visited Pittsburgh, sunny and 70 degrees. tonight on my way to work, i walked past the hotel where my dad and i stayed, and the smell of the air triggered a vivid memory of walking back with a waffle cone from Dave & Andy's, him telling me, while smiling like he was still talking to his little girl, that i had chocolate on my face. and i walked down that street and i took in the first view i ever remember of the Cathedral, except then it wasn't nighttime, a view i've liked to revisit in recent weeks.

i've thought so many times, and finally said out loud to someone else, that if that building ever fails to impress me, i will know it's time to leave.

i feel like i need to be writing in about three different places at once right now.
there are fireworks outside my window at work. i don't care what you say; fireworks are magic.

today has been such a good day, in so many ways.

1 comment:

Ragged Man said...

I know of no better way to kill the magic of a place than to work there. Having given tours in the Cathedral for the past two years, I can safely say that I still love that building.