18 October 2015

Sunday Morning Affirmations

I make really good zucchini bread.

I had a good chat with my dad on the phone yesterday for his birthday.

I am taking the time I need to take care of myself. I am evaluating my habits, thoughts, and actions.

I am trying to remember that there is no such thing as "should."

I eat the food I have, and I am grateful for it.

I think about the future. I have several-year-distant plans for my career. This is important.

I am making friends and acknowledging my reluctance to trust. I am learning about boundaries: how to set them, how to enforce them, and how to respect other people's.

I am aware of the privilege that allows me my comfort. I pray for its obsolescence, and for my courage in giving up my privilege where I can to support the liberation of others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This commenter accepts shipments of zucchini bread, just sayin'. ;-)

~B.