02 June 2010

Re:

To: my .edu email address
From: someone @usarec.army.mil


Hello,

My name is Staff Sergeant _____. I am the local Army recruiter here at the University. I am writing to ask if you have ever thought about the Army or Army Reserves as a career or a way to help pay for college. If you are interested in hearing more about it feel free to send me an email or give me a call. I look forward to hearing from you.


From: my .edu email address
To: the Staff Sergeant


I'm gay. Have a nice day.


K


From: the Staff Sergeant

K,


Thank you for emailing me back. I will remove you from my list so you shouldn't be getting anymore bothersome emails. Best of luck to you in everything that you do.

SSG _____

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

precious

Anonymous said...

Inspired by your post, I wrote a similar e-mail reply to a Marine recruiting officer this week. I replaced "gay" with "queer peace activist". I have yet to receive a response.

~B.

K said...

I didn't get a response from the Marine either!! lol