01 December 2015

distraction

One of the hardest things about the harrowing process this divorce has turned into is that I get really sick of looking at things related to it. Legal paperwork. Emails. Lists of names and phone numbers and dates. There is plenty left to do. I reach a limit. I can't look at it anymore. I just read a court order related to my car three times. I still don't know how much I can write on the Internet--you'd be amazed what else is readily available if you know where to look.

I am surviving. I am doing what I need to do. I am always ok.

Having a solid set of affirmations means more than anybody ever taught me.

I'm trying to keep Kate Bornstein's rule for life: You can do anything you need to do to stay alive, just don't be mean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope one day you can look back on all this from a place of distance and peace (or not look back, as you wish).

Kate Bornstein's rule is always a good one to remember.

~B.