22 July 2011

dreams/tattoo/marbles/thought/things

i've been having some crazy dreams lately. apparently there are some interactions my subconscious feels the need to complete, whether or not i'll get the opportunity in my waking life. last night i dreamed that i literally knocked somebody out of a performance they were hijacking and then told them, "you are a gluttonous, selfish exhibitionist. selfish. it's embarrassing, really." then my subconscious thought that sentence was so perfect that dream-me needed to go write it down. so i guess i can honor my subconscious for getting through that interaction for me by putting it here.



my tattoo is in the stage of healing where it's peeling in giant flakes. incredibly exciting, but also a little unnerving.



this town has literally brought me to tears at least three times in the last few days. i was driving into Lawrenceville past Wilson's Pharmacy and saw their LED sign in the window that read, "Good luck [4 random feminine names] at the National Marbles Championship!" this is the kind of place i am leaving, where a locally-owned and run business will recognize members of the community--youth--by name in their window, for marbles.



and a thought that's been floating around in my head for months if not longer:
by the time you decided to become a boy, i was ready to be with a man.




my belongings are in a big metal box on a truck on their way to a faraway place. panic is setting in, a little bit.

1 comment:

Aurora Borealis_23 said...

yes...so many people have been yelled at and pulverized in my dreams- total life saver. :P
-
awww. you're literally shedding the past for your new great adventure!
-
im -so- lucky to know people that still *acknowledge* and cry over things like the Championship Marble LED sign.
-
at face value_it's so literal- it blows my mind.
-
all of your things are above ground with you and delightfully unaware and indifferent to how they get to where they need to be. *hug*