05 May 2011

Graduation, again

i feel the need to excuse my absence from the blogosphere,
my unannounced sabbatical, as it were.
i had to go finish grad school.

(i can't decide if this would be better as poetry or as verse. it's been so long.)

my life has been caught up in the chaos of finishing what was without knowing what will be. i'm pretty good on "what is," especially in the very short term.

i'm looking forward to a summer off, and deciding what comes next! in the meantime, i'm hoping i'll write more, but my development there has taken an interesting turn. i don't seem to write as much anywhere as i once used to, and i think i know why, but i'm curious to see where that goes.

on my last day of grad school,
i spiked out my hair and wore grey skinny jeans, skater shoes, a cowrie shell necklace, and the blazer from my power-lesbian suit. my boyfriend and my gay husband stood on a street corner with signs that said "FREE HUGS" and came back with amazing stories. i went out with a small group of close friends and enjoyed myself.

then a bunch of other things happened, and that's just this past week.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the photographic snippet and welcome back to the blogosphere!

~B.

Anonymous said...

You're cool.

Aurora Borealis_23 said...

welcome back, friend!
I hope you decide to share some of why you think you aren't writing as much as you used to. You're thoughts on this might help stitch together my own musings as to why i can't find the still empty new journal i had bought during my last week of undergrad...or why i didn't feel the need to look for it in the first place since i've been home.

You sound like you've found a form of contentment for now_I truly am happy for you. :)