07 August 2005

sonnet 42

the only word describing how i feel
when such a look's received, i think, is "read";
i have no choice believing this is real
when these such looks i get see through my head
and to my soul, where deepest secrets lie.
a blessing 'tis to be so sweetly known,
especially when days pass swiftly by
and ere we know the day's begun, it's flown.
a blessing greater 'tis to realize
that in a look received's a look returned--
what greater love exists than in her eyes
when to them my unworthy gaze is turned?
nothing else will matter in the world
if i am loved by this amazing girl.

8/7/05
(aside: a sonnet-worthy occasion? you begin to see the scope of my silliness. and the limits of my rhyme.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like this one. a lot. and sure, it's a sonnet-worthy occasion. i think i owe you another chocolate bar. <3